San Francisco Emergency Dentist
The Best San Francisco Emergency Dentist.
Accidents happen, and even the healthiest teeth can be damaged in the right circumstances. These dental emergencies can cause pain and anxiety. Our San Francisco Emergency Dentist stands ready to preserve your smile.
At Pacific Heights Dental, our expert team of doctors are specially trained in emergency care, using advanced technology to preserve your teeth and gums after injury. Contact us for help with any San Francisco Emergency Dentistry.
When Should You Seek Emergency Care?
- Tooth loosened or knocked out by injury
- Painful Cracked Tooth
- Extreme Toothache
Situations that require prompt (Non-Emergency) care:
- Lost or Missing Filling or Crown
- Chipped or Cracked Tooth without pain
- Mild to Moderate Toothache
With many dental traumas, your dentist may be able to save your tooth. Taking the following steps can significantly increase your chances of keeping your tooth for years to come.
Knocked Out Tooth
- Handle the tooth by the crown, never by the roots
- If possible, place the tooth back in the socket. If too painful, keep the tooth in your cheek until you get to our office.
- If the tooth cannot be placed in the mouth, keep the tooth in a container of saliva, milk, or water when no other option is available. It's important to keep it hydrated.
- Call our office immediately. Do not delay. If set back in the socket within the hour, there is a good chance the tooth can be saved.
- Keep the loose crown clean and safe.
- If possible, reinsert the crown using dental cement from your local pharmacy. This is a temporary measure. You must still make an appointment to see your doctor.
- If the crown is damaged or lost, dental cement can be used to cover the tooth, preventing pain and damage.
- Do not use any other type of adhesive to replace the crown.
- Apply clove oil and use OTC pain relievers for discomfort.
- Make an appointment with our Pacific Heights Dental Office as soon as possible.
- Use a cold compress on the cheek to help with swelling and pain.
- Take OTC pain relievers.
- Make an appointment with our office as soon as possible.
Please call us today if you have any questions about your dental situation. We strive to treat all our San Francisco Emergency Dentist situations with quick and compassionate care. We will protect that smile!